Saturday, April 4, 2009

I posted pictures... will write more soon!

I'm in Lilongwe right now after finishing my first term of teaching. What a mixture of emotions-- excitement, as I'm seeing my whole group again after being holed up at site for months; relief! the term's over! (No grading for a while!!) ; confusion/nostalgia-- have I really been here for six months? Peace Corps is such a time warp! And on top of that my taste buds are being constantly delighted in the city. I had Indian for dinner last night!

My group is heading to Dedza for about 10 days for In-Service Training. We'll reflect on our first term of teaching, learn a little more language, and also have some presentations from organisations that could help out with secondary projects. I'm also anticipating down time while at Dedza, so I'm going to use that time when I have constant electricity (we're so spoiled in Dedza!) to type up my blog posting. The past few months have been wonderful in many ways and extremely frustrating in many others. I am looking forward to filling you all in shortly. Sorry that this is just a teaser, BUT here is consolation prize: I'm posting a few pictures on my Picasa Web Album. Photos of students, of my fellow teachers, of my new house (I have real windows!)... so check out those photos.

Hope all is well in your lives. I'll write more around mid-month!

Alyssa

1 comment:

Kristen Sween said...

Hi Alyssa! I know it's been forever since we've spoken but I stumbled across your blog on facebook and your adventure sounds fabulous. Wishing you all the best!